Saturday 14 September 2013

Magpie (Avian Shifters #2) - Kim Dare

Magpie (Avian Shifters, #2)Magpie by Kim Dare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So even though I absolutely loved the sweetness on the first book, I also enjoyed the fact that this book had a completely different tone to it.

The different tone comes the type of character Kane is. He's a magpie and he's led a hard life by letting himself be used in order to buy drugs. He takes drugs, he whores himself out, he steals, he lies... But it was the glimpses into his vulnerable side that made him redeemable in my eyes.

We met Everett in the first and I'm so glad he got his own book because in reading this and getting to know his character a whole lot better, we discover that he is considerate and thoughtful, passionate, protective and possessive, particularly towards Kane.

There was still many unanswered questions but there was a bit more world building in this one in regards to human and their knowledge of the avian species. I'm very intrigued the whole bird dynamic, the hierarchical system and the way the characters traits are a reflection of what species of bird they shift into.

I enjoyed the involvement of secondary characters, especially Ori and Raynard. I love those two. There are many facets to Hamilton. He was compassionate in the first book as he basically brought Ori and Raynard together but in this one, he completely hated Kane and to an extent I can understand why but still I didn't care for him much in this one.

I really hope we get more books in this series. I want Ambrose, who is described as a gentle giant, to get his own happy ever after, especially with the nest's doctor... Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment